Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blazer the kitten

Ok so I left on Friday for a Relief Society Retreat up at Lake of the Woods. So much fun of course. My sister Michelle is in the Stake Primary presidency and over the stake 11 year old campout. So she always plans it the same weekend and parties with us through the night. Anyway, after very little sleep I came home the next morning to see this on my couch...

So cute. He ended up bringing home this kitten from the high school football game. I guess he thought he would just keep it for the weekend and give it to someone on Monday. Yeah, Right!?? The kids and I fell in love with him. He reminds me of my cat "Prince" that I had from 6th grade to 10th grade. So I said that I wanted to keep him. So we are. He has blue eyes which I haven't ever seen on a cat before and he is tiny. He isn't even as long as my foot. Granted I wear a 9 1/2 but still. Rayah and I were trying to come up with a name and I jokingly said "Blazer" Lyle's favorite basketball team is the Portland Trailblazers. And of course our dog's name is "Dodger" for his favorite baseball team. So after all of these cute names Rayah and I came up with he ended up being named BLAZER. Here is a closeup.

So now we have three cats again and a dog. I know I really think I am a little crazy.:)

4 comments:

Nic said...

Have you fed him anymore pot roast? :-) He is too cute, I am a little jealous I must admit.

Anonymous said...

You "think" you might be a little crazy. Dodger is going to end up eating that cat!!

Molly said...

The cat is definitely cute. Just don't do to this cat what you did to that sickly mental cat. J/K!

Julie said...

Welcome to this blogging craze. I love it. Thanks for sending me to your blog. It's so good to see you guys!

Julie